Thursday, May 10, 2012

Snorkeling

Yesterday was an awesome, but tiring day! We went out on a two hour boat ride to two separate spots to snorkel. The first was my favorite because it was clearer and easier to see the underwater wildlife (Apparently the second spot was the crew's favorite, but I believe the overcast had something to do with how much we could see at that location). I saw so many things! The first thing I spotted was an angel fish. There were tons of rainbow colored, era-descent parrot fish, which have now become my new favorite! I even found Nemo! ( which I learned isn't simply a clown fish, but a clown anenomefish, silly Disney) I saw tiny sea turtles, and even a sea star, but no shark, which is what I was really hoping for. One of the crew members told me it was because they were increasing becoming over fished for their fins to make shark fin soup, a cruel, bland flavored, no nutritional value delicacy. I normally am all  for eating weird foods and trying new things ( The guy from Bizarre Foods is "the man.") but, after hearing this sad tale of one of the sea's most majestic creatures, I know an odd delicacy that I will personally never try.

Mayumi W-B

No comments: