Sunday, May 20, 2012

Blog

Sunday, May 13th

I really wanted to post a blog about my free day adventure! Off the coast of Cairns is a small island called Fitzroy island and I decided to spend my free day on the island, and it was 100% worth it! I got to see even more of the Great Barrier reef, particularly a different type of reef since the reef was off the coast of an island. The coral here was even more beautiful than during the group's last adventure, my favorite coral I saw was this finger coral with its tips covered in a light blue color. But easily the best part of the day was when I saw a blue spotted sting ray! I think it saw me too because as I was taking its picture, it began to use its fins to kick up sand! It was quite a sight! Another great part was that I was able to snorkel for as long as I wanted until I had to leave the island, so I got to see a lot of the surrounding reef!  After lunch, I went out snorkelling again and saw not one, but two green sea turtles! They were so close to me I could touch them! One of the turtles was trying to eat something between some pieces of coral I hope I didn't interrupt its lunch! It was amazing to watch them swim through the water together. it completely made the day one of my favorite thus far! Thought I would share my free day adventure with everyone! Until next time! 




Zak Kumor



Dr. Gillie, 
My previous blogs were not sent to the correct address so i am going to forward them to you now. Sorry for the mess up! 


No comments: