Sunday, May 20, 2012

Zak's day at the GBR


[Charlie's note:  Zak intended to post this on 11 May.]

Wanted to put a blog up saying how yesterday may have been the best day of the trip thus far! We went snorkeling in the Great Barrier Reef! That in itself is still unbelievable. Not to mention all the different types of fish I saw. I saw a lot of vibrant colored parrotfish along with a few Anemonefish (couldn't find Nemo though)! The coolest fish I saw by far was the Lion fish. Although it was a smaller fish, the size of its fins were huge! And the way the fins moved through the water was unlike any of the other fish I saw! I was alos fortunate to see a sea star was well just laying on the reef floor. I loved snorkeling so much, I plan on going again on Fitzroy Island which is just off the coast of Australia. I hope to see some more types of fish and maybe even a turtle or two! Until next time!

Zak Kumor

No comments: