Saturday, May 12, 2012

Hello everyone!

On Thursday we went to the Great Barrier Reef and got the opportunity to snorkel in two locations: the beach and the middle of the ocean. Up until then, I had skydived and climbed bridges but snorkeling seemed so much more terrifying to me!!! The idea of "breathing normally" in the water seemed scary and impossible. Despite my freaking out, I snorkeled in both locations.
The first location, the beach, I put my head in only a few times and when I did I would last a few seconds cause then I would panic. I'm sure I looked silly (I was also getting pulled out to the side because of the current so I'm sure that only made it funnier to watch).
By the time I went to the ocean, I was even more terrified because we were being dropped off our boat into the actual ocean where a reef was located. Well, I did it!! I went on a tour of the reef with a crew member and saw several types of fish, particularly Wrasse fish, and other wildlife (I even got to touch a sea star!) Then, a crew member tried persuading me to put my face in the water for longer periods of time despite my fears. I even joked with him and apologized for being such a pain. He was happy I did it though.
At the end of the day, it was an incredible experience and I can say I did it.

What a day!
Cheers!
Micah

Sent from my iPhone

No comments: